Dreams
In the stillness of my house, I study chapter one of the gospel of Matthew. Matthew starts with a geology of Jesus. He tells the birth of Jesus through the lens of Joseph. What struck me is this: “But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” Matthew 1:20-21God speaks to Joseph in a dream. Joseph listens and believes the dream. History is written. I close my eyes and try to listen to God… “Beth, daughter of mine….” Is there a decision of mine that God needs to speak to me about? The biggest decision I made was to retire early. I do have two goals in retiring early. First, my health. I joined a gym and have been conscientious of what I eat and drink. Second, writing. I wanted to spend more time exploring breaking open God’s word to others…sharing my love of the Lord, my passion to bring people healing and comfort. I have found so far, (only two months into this) I have time to rediscover other passions like sewing, knitting etc. I find myself relaxing more spending time with family and friends. Yet this morning I listen to God making sure my footing is right. Lord, thank you for the morning of new beginnings, clean slate and possibilities. Help me to listen for your whisper, or to you entering my dreams so that I continue to follow the path you have set aside for me. Grant me joy and peace as I continue to study your word and live it with each step on the path….
Comments
Post a Comment