Contentment
“Two things I ask of you, deny them not to me before I die: Put
falsehood and lying far from me, give me neither poverty nor riches; provide me
only with the food I need; Lest, being full, I deny you, saying, "Who is
the LORD?" Or, being in want, I steal and profane the name of my God.”
Proverbs 30:7-9
The scripture verses struck me today, because how often do we ask to just have enough? Being satisfied is a Christian trait. I’m not talking about struggling or being poor but knowing that you have enough. Why? Because you won’t question the Lord nor will you want more and more and more and become covetous. I’ve been thinking about the “hand you have been dealt,” syndrome. I think a good card player can do a lot with any hand. When news comes that is unwelcome, search for the silver lining. Sometimes it’s like digging for silver, but it is there. Contentment. Contentment is a blessing. Many people talk about peace. Peace is finding contentment. Lord, today help us to find contentment in all that we have. Help us to find silver linings and praise you for them. Thank you for the day, may we use it for your glory, in Jesus name on the path…
Comments
Post a Comment