Family

 Yesterday was a day to do something for my family. I made homemade chicken and wild rice soup, brownies, cornbread and homemade gluten free bread. Time in the kitchen is always a relaxing endeavor. Family is important for me. I must remind myself though of Mark 3:33-35 “But he said to them in reply, “Who are my mother and [my] brothers? “And looking around at those seated in the circle he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. [For] whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother.” I am part of Jesus family. All are, whoever does God’s will. So, what is God’s will. I think for all it is kindness, truth and those qualities Jesus taught starting with family. Biological families can be messy. Yet, when we remember to whose family we truly belong we can start doing God’s will by living out the gospel message. I love family, even all the messiness. Join God’s family, do God’s will by finding ways to bring about the gospel message on the path….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patience and Hope

Trust

Be Ready