Teach me your Statues
Teach me your Statues. “My portion is the LORD; I promise to observe your words. I entreat you with all my heart: have mercy on me in accord with your promise. I have examined my ways and turned my steps to your testimonies. I am prompt, I do not hesitate in observing your commandments. Though the snares of the wicked surround me, your law I do not forget. At midnight I rise to praise you because of your righteous judgments. I am the friend of all who fears you, of all who observe your precepts. The earth, LORD, is filled with your mercy; teach me your statutes.” Psalm 119: 57-64
On this
Sunday morning, it is good to think about the statues of the Lord. Not the
statues of friends, neighbors, government but of the Lord. Laws and divine
ordinances of the Lord. Perhaps today is a good day to “examine your ways.” As
we walk this journey, the Psalm reminds us to turn our steps to God’s
testimonies. Sundays are good days to spend those moments reviewing our steps,
who guides them and the road we have chosen. I will pray for you, and ask that
you pray for me on the path….
Comments
Post a Comment