Ransom
“But it shall not be so among you. Rather, whoever wishes to be great among you shall be your servant; whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave. Just so, the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:26-28 Have you ever thought how you give ransom for others? I think each time we put our wants; needs aside, we do. I know when a person gets into themselves the best remedy is to serve. One thing I want to do is give back, pay it forward that is serve. Now having more time, I can “pay ransom” for many. Since for me the ransom won’t be money, it can be the gifts, talents, and time I am blessed with. Why do I consider this to be like Jesus’ ransom? It isn’t the same, but I can show you the heaven he gave his life for, through my words and actions. I can show you service the way he said a follower should live. Being a Christian slave for others is a humbling experience. Think about what your “ransom” looks like. Some like acts of kindness, others have the gift of cooking…sharing a meal. Sometimes it is just playing cards or a visit to someone…so much that ransom could look like. Today think about how you can give ransom, or what you might need. We are all on different places on our journey, we can give or if we need to receive reach out on the path…
Comments
Post a Comment